Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Loud knocking/banging sound from dash when first starting or…

Customer Question
Loud knocking/banging sound from...

Loud knocking/banging sound from dash when first starting or when fan is first turned in. Bangs 20 to 30 times then stops until next time I start the can again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Two months. Dashboard near glovebox.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2010. Another answer on here said blending door.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Besides yelling at it and banging on the dash nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s about it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So more than likely you have a hvac door actuator going bad or door itself is having issues, so are you missing any functions when you have the air on?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics