Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car will turn over and try to start up but will not run past…

Customer Question
Car will turn over...

Car will turn over and try to start up but will not run past a second or two

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

300c 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My mechanic is say a skim issue

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It does sound like you have a SKIM issue. If the powertrain control module doesn't receive a message from the wireless control module that the key has been validated then it will start and die, followed by locking the starter out after several attempts.

If the problem is with SKIM then it's either due to a failure of the WCM, a loss of power or ground to it, a bus communication issue, the PCM, or the key. You can try a different key if you haven't already and you can also try a battery disconnect. The most likely causes for this are the WCM and key.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician