Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

04 chrysler Pacifica transmission has code p0750 and p0700…

Customer Question
04 chrysler Pacifica transmission has code...
04 chrysler
Pacifica transmission has code p0750 and p0700 and is in limp mode.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Ok no problem

ok, the LR pressure switch has failed, and the entire solenoid/switch assembly will need replaced since each solenoid/switch is not serviceable by itself.

Ok so how difficult is this to replace?

please standby

I just checked for bulletins on this issue. you may want to have this one complied with first

removal

Ok had my computer replaced a few weeks ago is there a test to see if the trans is getting the proper voltage and signals from the computer?

yes, but you need a dealer level DRB3 scan tool

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

P0750 is for the low/reverse solenoid control circuit. There are several things that could set this code including the solenoid itself, it's control circuit being open or shorted to power or ground, an internal failure in the powertrain control module, or it could be loss of voltage to the solenoid pack due to a wiring issue, the trans relay, or an internal failure in the integrated power module. The solenoid is by far the most common cause of this.

A trans simulator is the easiest way to quickly condemn the solenoid pack. Otherwise the control circuit can be tested for an open or short, and the relay output circuit can also be tested. The entire circuit along with the solenoid can be tested for resistance by placing one meter lead at the low/reverse control terminal at the PCM and the other lead to the relay output terminal.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Is there a wiring diagram for this control circuit and what should I be looking for on the circuits?
Ok swapped out solenoid reconnected battery and started up and instantly has p1684 p0706 p0750 p0700

Where did the solenoid pack come from?

Off of a known good transmission in another pacifica that shifts. Checked the resistance on each solenoid and they check out good

How are you measuring resistance and what are you seeing for each solenoid?

Measuring ohms with my multimeter on the terminals of the solenoid pack. Found a diagram that shows what terminals arw what and all of them are between 0.9 to 1.2 ohms and the specs i found said between 0.5 and 9 ohms

Take one meter lead to pin 87 at the trans relay and the other meter lead to pin 10 of the green PCM connector and see if the resistance agrees with what you see right at the solenoid pack.

Okay did that and it is infinite resistance. The eatx relay is the transmission relay correct?

Yes, that's the trans relay.

You'll next need to test from the same pin at the PCM to the white/dark green wire at solenoid pack pin 7.

Sorry made a dumb mistake had the connector to the solenoid pack disconnected and I reconnected it and the resistance is 1.4 ohms

The circuit is fine currently then, if the code is actively setting then the PCM has failed.

Ok so let me tell you the whole story with this car. It was given to me and it did not run so I narrowed it down to a bad coil which fried the PCM. Found a place online called carcomputerexchange com and they sell computers as well as program them exactly to your vehicle so you don't have to go to the dealer. Bought that computer and installed it along with a new coil and the car started up fine but would not shift. No codes but when I inspected the fluid in the transmission it had metal chunks in it. Replaced it with a used but known good transmission and now have these codes. Is it possible that they gave me a bad PCM or didn't program it correctly? They have a warranty so they should fix it if something's wrong but I want to make sure that that is what it is.

You've ruled out the circuit. That along with the fact that this started after a used PCM was installed both point to a bad PCM.

Ok thanks man im gonna warranty it and ill let you know what happens!

You're welcome!