Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Also got a radio from the scrap yard. Don’t have the vin it…

Customer Question
Hi brad, also got a...
Hi brad, also got a radio from the scrap yard. Don’t have the vin it came off of tho. Can you get the code just with serial number?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
I️ purchased the head unit, which is oem and plug and play from a reputable dealer on eBay. It came in the mail today and it said to contact them for the code, however it’s after hours for them and I️ really need the code tonight so my wife don’t have to drive clear to work in the morning with no radio
It’s a 430rbz for a Jeep with the serial of T00AM0425t0374. Please someone help
11/9/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I am sorry we are no longer permitted to give out the codes. You will have to go to your local dealer.

Chrysler Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

If the scrap people cannot supply you with that vin number that radio is scrap, because that is part of the info you need to retrieve the code. Even from a dealer you need this info ; make, model and production date of vehicle along with proof of ownership. The radio model and serial numbers. Also you have to do this in person, they do not do it over the phone. As the previous expert stated they no longer allow us tech's that info for security reasons. The only other thing I can do for you at this time is send you a link that has helped many others , but like I said that info is crucial. Hope you understand more clearly what you need to do.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

If you need further info or advice let me know or please rate my service , thank you.