Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

New battery drained overnight to almost nothing. Tested with…

New battery drained overnight...

New battery drained overnight to almost nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes tested with meter. It isnt leaking fluid, there must be a parasitic drain

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 town and country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday battery was at zero so replaced it. After i put in battery tested it was at 12.1 volts started van tested again was at 14.8v so thought yes fixed. Oh and for last 4 weeks van was having a lot trouble starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

11/7/2017
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you know how to do a draw test or do you need those steps?

Ive read disconnecting negative terminal (i have a sperry dm 6400 from work) using meter with red on battery black on what i disconnected. Then starting pulling fuses if amperage goes down that is the draw?
Is that how?

Put the meter on DC milliamps. COnnect one lead to battery post negative and the other to battery cable negative that is disconnected. You want to see a draw around or less than 50 mA 0.050 A. Remove and leave out fuses one by one till you find the fuse that drops the draw. This needs to be done with the hood light disabled if applicable and the doors closed. Once you find the fuse culprit, let me know.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)