Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My pt cruiser is idling rough and shuts off. It is

Customer Question
My pt cruiser is...

My pt cruiser is idling rough and shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

It is consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your PT Cruiser?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I changed spark plugs,radiator cooling fan and thormostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, It's showing some codes which are p1697, p1604, p0700,p0031, p2074. Can you tell me what they are for. thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The p1697 code is saying the mileage is not stored on the computer

The p1604 is saying the PCM has an internal failure and needs replacing

The p0700 is a generic code that the TCM uses to make the engine light trigger saying Transmission has an issue

The p0031 Is an oxygen sensor code that can sometimes cause an intermittent rough idle and stalling I have attached a procedure to perfom for it, but cleaning connections on the oxygen sensors and PCM could fix this problem, I have ran into this with a connection issue .

The p2074 Can also be a running rough issue. Possible causes are a number of things. They are as follow

PCM or PCM programming

MAP sensor

TPS

If equipped with a Turbo charger, the Turbo charger

Timing belt

Engine pistons

Cylinder head intake or exhaust valves

Idle air control valve

Vacuum leaks or PCV valve

Intake boot clamp loose

Let me know if you have any more questions, thank you

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics