Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Aloha, I am having some issue with my 2009 Chrysler 300.

Customer Question
I am having some...

I am having some issue with my 2009 Chrysler 300. Recently when i start the vehicle the engine will start turning but not all the way and shuts down. I put some starter fuel and it started. Due to this I changed the fuel pump. I drove it and it worked fine. I went to the store about 8 miles away and when I came back it did the same thing and I had to tow the vehicle. The next morning it started

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

This is the first time i replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Do you an Idea why the engine is not turning over? Other than than the fuel pump is there anything to be done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the car did not start after driving it I towed it and when we arrive i went to check and it started

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few possible causes for the engine dying and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. You may be losing spark, fuel, there may be a fuel quality issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool to see if any fault codes are setting in the powertrain control module. Have you checked for codes?