Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Interior lights and accessories work, but the brake pedal is…

Customer Question
Interior lights and accessories...

Interior lights and accessories work, but the brake pedal is hard to press and the engine won't turn over. Battery voltage was low. I jumped it off and car ran fine. It sat at home for 2 hours and same problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

What would I look under

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2016 Chrysler 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 3 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

The brake pedal will always be hard without engine running because there will be no vaccum in servo assy.

Have you had the battery checked and is the vehicle out of warranty.

Please keep me informed.

The brake pedal is never really hard to press. It's required to press to start the car

It is designed to be hard when engine not running , thats how we check if servo is working.

You hold your foot on the pedal and when engine started the pedal should drop slightly.

Is this a computer..... Did someone even read the issue I'm having.

How rude

good luck

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician