Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The car keeps overheating but not Fluids on the ground. 200

Customer Question
The car keeps overheating but...
The car keeps overheating but not Fluids on the ground
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 200 and 2012 V 6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thermostat and cap
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I just change out the water pump? Also, there is water within the the dashboard. I can hear it slushing around
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is it running hot?

long as there is antifreeze within the reservoir the car runs good, a/c not on

have you had it pressure checked yet?

No pressure test yet, who can do that? Is it a dealer process or can any mechanic do it?

any mechanic can...i would start with a pressure test...likley a failed water pump...but a pressure check would help confirm the leak

What about the water swishing within the dashboard?

that would be likley a clogged evap vent drain or a leaking heater core

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy