Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

This concerns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible with a…

This concerns a 2008...

This concerns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible with a 3.6L V^. I am trying to do a tuneup, but cannot get the rear bolt (13mm) holding the intake manifold on the passenger's side of the vehicle. Can't seem to get the necessary torque. I've tried going in from underneath, but cannot reach it. Do you know if it can be accessed by removing the cowl?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler Sebring. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's it for now

The 13mm bolt on the intake manifold that I can't get loose is the one right behind the manifold tuning valve. I have taken the manifold tuning valve off a couple of times already, but can't break the bolt loose with a 1/4 inch ratchet (only one that I can get to fit in the space)
I originally listed the engine as a 3.6L V6, when in fact it is a 3.5L V6
10/24/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

hi,

Removing the cowl gives a bit more room for your hand and arm behind the engine to get to the bolts, but not alot.

I soak the bolt with some PB Blast and then use an offset wrench to break the bolt loose, then use a gear wrench to finish removing the bolt

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager