Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 300 and the alarm just started going off, and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 300 and the alarm just started going off, and it won't turn off. I have disconnected the battery and have taken out the fuse for it and left it out for 10 minutes, then put it back in. But the alarm will not turn off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes, I used the key to open it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have disconnected the battery and have taken out the fuse for it and left it out for 10 minutes, then put it back in. But the alarm will not turn off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was just in the house, doing nothing to the car when the alarm started to go off

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You don't mention whether the system is aftermarket or factory, but if you have just the standard factory alarm then it will disarm when pressing the unlock button on the key fob or when starting the engine.

Have you tried starting the engine?