Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Sebring: steps to replace heater core please" that…

quot;Chrysler Sebring: steps to replace...
quot;Chrysler Sebring: steps to replace heater core please" that you answered 4 years ago. Would this be an answer for an 08 Sebring Convertible?
10/19/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I cannot see the directions you are referring to, but if they include removing the dash, then yes, the same steps are involved. The steps for the hvac housing and heater are the same, but a bit of difference in removing the dash. If you give me a few minutes, I will upload those directions for you

please send the directions for replacing the heater core in its entirety..
No i would rather have it in written form. If for some reason i cant follow it. Then i would change my mind.
This is what is the last response......
Ok, well the dash and HVAC housing is removed together The bulk of the job consists of removing the dash itself. The process is below. If you need more information on a step please let me know. Thanks!Recover the A/C refrigerant.
Partially drain the coolant.
Remove one bolt retaining the A/C lines to the right strut tower.
Remove the two top HVAC housing retaining nuts in engine compartment.
Hoist vehicle and remove the lower HVAC housing retaining nut.
Lower vehicle from hoist.
Remove the driver and passenger seats.
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative remote cable.
Remove one screw to shift knob and transmission range indicator bezel from floor console.
Remove floor center console. Remove two mounting screws in the front and two mounting screws inside console storage bin.
Remove the amplifier.
Gently pry out on the left and right rear floor heat ducts and remove.
Disconnect the console wiring connectors and unclip the push in fasteners.
Using a trim stick or equivalent, gently pry up on and remove the right sill plate.
Remove the two screws to the right cowl kick panel and remove from vehicle.
Gently pry out on the right end cover and remove from vehicle.
Gently pry out on the right A-pillar trim and remove from vehicle.
Open the glove box. Pinch in on the sides and drop to the floor. Pull down to disengage hinges.
Disconnect the right door harness connectors located within the A-pillar.
Remove the four right A-pillar instrument panel retainers.
Remove the right silencer.
Remove the one right side, center instrument panel support bolt.
Gently pry up on and remove the left sill plate.
Remove the two screws to the left cowl kick panel and remove from vehicle.
Gently pry out on the left end cover and remove from vehicle.
Gently pry out on the left A-pillar trim and remove from vehicle.
Disconnect the left door harness connectors located within the A-pillar.
Remove the four left A-pillar instrument panel retainers.
Remove five screws and one wire connector to left lower instrument panel trim bezel.
Remove the left silencer.
Remove the one left side, center instrument panel support bolt.
Remove one bolt to the left side support strut to bulkhead.
Disconnect the junction block wiring connectors.
Remove two screws to the steering column shrouds and remove.
Disconnect all the column wiring and unclip the harness from the steering column.
Disconnect the transmission shift interlock and wire connector.
Remove the four steering column retaining bolts and drop column to floor.
Pry up on the rear of the top cover and pull rearward as you lift off of instrument panel.
Remove instrument panel pad.
Remove seven bolts and five screws attaching instrument panel to fence line and cowl side.
With the help of an assistant, lift up instrument panel and move rearward to remove. Tilt the panel rearward to prevent the coolant from leaking out.TO SEPARATE THE INSTRUMENT PANEL AND HVAC UNIT HOUSINGS
Disconnect the HVAC wiring connector to the instrument panel wire harness.
Remove the two bolts and two nuts holding the HVAC housing to the instrument panel.
Lift the instrument panel off the HVAC housing to separate.
But i have the 08 Sebring Conv....Dont know what year or model this is for...

HI,

As I said, please give me a few minutes to upload the directions. They are EXTENSIVE and time consuming.

HI,

I will have to opt out as my software has locked up

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Here, is the information that you have requested. Here, I am attaching the removal and installation information for the dashboard, the HVAC housing, and the heater core. The housing has to be removed from the vehicle in order to replace the heater core. Check out this information and keep me posted.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided.

Hi Todd, Great info. But i am stuck at the moment. I have made it all the way to (Removal and Replacement: Instrument panel) I am on number 25.
# 25 - Remove left side, center instrument panel support bolt.
Left side - Left side of car or left side of center of instrument panel. Plus support bolt. Does that mean a nut or a bolt. I don't see a bolt anywhere. Need help with that. Where it is. I assume left side means drivers side?
Next question. -
#26 Remove one bolt to the left side support strut to bulkhead. Again no bolt. all I see are nuts. Where is this?
#29 Remove steering column pich bolt and remove steering column from vehicle. I don't see a pinch bolt at this point inside the vehicle following all the steps to this point you have given me.
#30 is no problem
#31 no problem
Drawing 819aa71d..Says NOTE: Left hand shown. Right side simular
The picture to me looks like right side or passenger side. So again confused what the picture is of.
#32 If understand above i hope no problem..

Good afternoon. My apologies for the delay. For numbers 25 and 26, These bolts maybe on the outside firewall. I believe they are there. As far as the drawing, the diagram is mistaken, because that is the right side shown. Don't worry, it's the same procedures. As far as the pinch bolt, the pinch bolt is in the shaft. It help couple the two halves. Here, I am attaching the removal information for the steering column. This will help you located the pinch bolt.

Todd, I am unfortunately out of time today. I will get back to it this weekend..
I will let you know if i need anything else. I hope not. This is a major job. I have never seen such an insane place to put a heater core. Especially something that can usually need to be replaced on a car....
No wonder German cars are so expensive to repair...
Tx

You are correct, this is a big job. Almost ALL manufacturer have the heater core located here, and the job can get much more complicated. Depending on the vehicle. .If you need further information on the issue, I will be here. Don't hesitate to give me a holler. Also, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.

Hi Todd,
I need to have the section:
Air Bag > Removal and Replacement > Driver - RemovalPer the instructions you last sent me...
Tx
Bob F
Also just in case:
Steering wheel > Removal and Replacement > RemovalAlso :
Steering Column > Removal and Replacement > Disassembly
also:
Shift Interlock Cable > Removal and Replacement > Removal
Also:
Dashboard/Instrument Panel > Removal and Replacement > Instrument Panel Pad - Removal
Hopefully thats all and i can get this done..

I will opt out to allow another expert to assist you.

I have not heard from another expert. My car is disassembled and would like the additional info i requested..
Tx
Bob F
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvetpz0vocttyei/1101-sebring-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/qvetpz0vocttyei/1101-sebring-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Excellent. I will go through the information.
Thank you for getting back to me..
I have not been able to move forward on this. I am not usually stumped. I wish not to remove or dissemble the entire car.

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair
Hi Tim, I am stuck again...Need something from your items you last sent that i didnt receive.
Heading: Steering Column
9. Remove the driver airbag (3). See: Air Bag > Removal and Replacement > Driver Airbag - RemovalI did not receive instructions: Driver Air Bag: Removal and Replacement..Per #3 above.Could you please send that..Tx
Bob F
Tim, I can only work on this when i get time and also the weather has been horrible here in NC..Rainy and Cold..Plus no daylight anymore..Hate Winter...

stand by..i will get you that info

thanks

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h8pe5k24gkiate/1114-sebring-COVER.doc?dl=0

.

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/0h8pe5k24gkiate/1114-sebring-COVER.doc?dl=0

.

Great>>>>>Thank You.....Will get to it

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.