Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My wife drove the car to work with the battery light on by

Customer Question
the time she got there...
my wife drove the car to work with the battery light on by the time she got there the the abs and trac light was on as well. I drove to her work 30 miles away and checked voltage at battery jump post while engine was running it was 11.5 assumed it needed a alternator. drove it home and left her my truck. car died about 1 mile from home. got it towed the rest of the way. replaced alternator cgarged battery and started car. I now have 13.8 volts at battery jump posts but battery light is still on. tried driving to store but it died in parking lot. this is a 99 300m
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just abs, trac, and battery and the abs and trac miles after the battery
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 99 Chrysler 300m
JA: Are you fixing your 300M yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm working on it and replaced the alternator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 3 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

the new alternator should put out 14.3 was this new used rebuilt or aftermarket?

rebuilt auto zone

sounds faulty i would run it back and have them retest it to verify

I had them test it before I took it and I had them test my old one and it passed but was very noisy so I bought the new one it such a pain to get out that I didn't put the old one back. I'm wondering about the battery now

they can load test the battery..

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy