Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replace water pump. Last year rebuilt transmission and…

Just replace water pump...

Just replace water pump. Last year rebuilt transmission and hearing from tow truck drivers that the Chrysler Town & Country are bad mechanically. Trying to decide if I should buy another car and trade this one in. It has 99,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

It almost red lined last night but I turned it off just before it got to the red line and had it towed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Country?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to my mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is all.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

OK

Did it red line without pressing the gas pedal or did it redline when driving?

Red line while driving

Have you checked the transmission fluid level?

No. I have fixed the problem by putting a new water pump. I want to know if there could be other damage because the engine was red line for a very short time.

If it ran hot only for a very short time, i dont think any damage would have been caused. These motors do have issues when overheated for a longer period of time but usually over 150K. If it is not misfiring or losing power it should be good.

Thanks.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh