Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ABS/BAS and traction warning light are on all the time when…

Customer Question
ABS/BAS and traction warning...

ABS/BAS and traction warning light are on all the time when i start the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2009 300c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah , warning light

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you '

The ABS light could trigger for several reasons, low or weak battery ,dirty abs wheel sensors , wiring to abs module etc,

you need to have it scanned with Chrysler capable scanner to retrieve the abs / bas traction control module and based on the fault codes we can pull up pin point trouble shoot and be accurate or it will be a guess , if it was a glitch , the system will eventually clear after so many ignition cycles the system keep checking for fault if none came back will clear, or scanner will it clear it , but best to know why .

if you do get the faults codes read post them back here for me and i can help further

with that said,Make sure the battery has 12 volts and holding under load, alternator charging 14 volts when running , you can try taking abs wheels yourself and clean and reset it using below procedure if you do not want to take it any where and have the tools

The warning light is telling you the abs /bas system is off line but you still have brakes so you do not feel any change in the driving

unless you feeling pulsation under the brake pedal when applied that could indicate abs pump failure ,but testing is needed

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30- minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat