Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Brake lights and rear turn signals won't work. New bulbs and…

Customer Question
Brake lights and rear...

Brake lights and rear turn signals won't work. New bulbs and new brake switch installed. Still not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

2006 Chrysler TC Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your tC yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was repaired at beginning of summer. Rear brake, so it was replaced then. I did check the fluid before I replaced bulbs and switch, but can check it again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much is this service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
The taillights and white lights when I back up work.
10/6/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be going on and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem may be with the circuit boards in the lamp housings themselves or there may be separate issues affecting each of the different light systems.

Do the front turn signals work correctly?

Did this problem start after an accident, repair, jump start, etc?

The front signals work fine. They just blink at the faster pace "the pace that alerts us the bulb is normally out."
I have not had an accident, or jump start.I did have a rear left brake repair at the beginning of the spring. No problems until a couple of days ago.
At first it was just the left signal that started flashing fast, then both the next day before I could go buy bulbs.
I then replaced the signal bulbs and they continue to not light up but flash fast inside.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?

My dad who is an electrical engineer who has always worked on his cars is visiting this weekend. I had hoped to have it narrowed down for him to help.

I'm a full time tech and at work this afternoon, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

Awesome. Thanks.

The first thing that should be done is test for power on the white/brown (left) and white/orange (right) wires with the turn signals on and see if an incandescent test light will flash.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician