Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alarm not allowing car to start. Starter replaced today. How…

Customer Question
Alarm not allowing car...

Alarm not allowing car to start. Starter replaced today. How do we disarm alarm system so it will start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Not yet. It's my son's car and he's afraid to do anything with it because he's afraid it will cause alarm to go off and run battery down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2007 PT cruiser touring I believe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, he just paid over $300 to have starter replaced at a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that we were told the alarm system is causing the car to not start. We just need to know how to disengage the alarm system

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/5/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Does the engine crank and not start or is it doing nothing?

are you there?