Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought off a guy a 2008 town & country limited 4.0 it…

Customer Question
I just bought off a...
I just bought off a guy a 2008 town & country limited 4.0 it has an HID left headlight out but put a new one in and it does not work. Cost was pricey! $107.00. Any was what else could keep it from lighting up. Also radio with Sirius and Ves is not working.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/5/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the radio not turning on or working on any stations or with cd at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Nothing is coming on at all..once in a while when I brought it home I would see the power button flash but would not turn on when I got home I took it out to make sure all connections were connected.and the Ves system does not come on but DVD light is a steady flash

O.k., the issue with the radio problem you see here is usually due to an internal electrical fault in the radio itself with it needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.This was a common issue unfortunately in some cases.

As for the head light issue this is most commonly caused by the head light bulb igniter either attached to the back of the bulb or connected to the bulb with wiring.The igniter usually fails and causes the issue you are seeing.In some cases it can cost more then the bulb itself.You would need to have the signals tested to the igniter to make sure it is the cause then it can be replaced from there.This is done with a multi meter.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete