Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 Sebring convertible. I installed aftermarket stereo and…

Customer Question
2000 Sebring convertible. I...

2000 Sebring convertible. I installed aftermarket stereo and went to start the vehicle but it turns over with no start. I hear fuel pump engage battery is fully charged so i won't to believe it had to do with stereo but how can i be sure?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Which one?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked at no 8 fuse under his it seems to be fine I'm going its not distributor but i don't know what else it could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. I really hope they can tell new something i don't know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/5/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you see a security/theft light flashing or on solid after you try and start it and it does not start near the gauges?

Let me know,thanks Pete

I turn the switch on everything is as it shpuld be no check engine light or theft light. The starter turns the car over like it should so i checked the plug wires for fire but im not getting power to the wires. The factory stereo has an amp plug type thing amd i broke it off trying to unhook it when i attempted to start my car the first time it turned over and felt like it started to fire up but hit kinda hard and ever since it jist spins over and over

Did any wires short out at the radio?

Maybe a couple of speaker wires touched and it seems like the black amp wire has power to it so i reinstalled factory radip and it only works when the amp wire grounds to the head unit.
Im really hoping its not the distributor i dont have a lot of money and im a decent small thing mechanic but electrical malfunction confounds me may as well ask a monkey to fly an airplane as to me figure this out on my own

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to answer myself from here,I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Chrysler Mechanic: Amedee, Chrysler Technician replied 10 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician

Hello and welcome!

Different tech here.

Do you still need help?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Have you checked the fuses?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?