Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a chrysler pt cruiser 200 model i hit a cat and ever…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a chrysler pt cruiser 200 model i hit a cat and ever sence then the car hold oil why its running but once i trun it off it drops the all the oil on the ground

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

6 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your PT Cruiser?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everytime i look to see where the oil is coming from its too late as it all on the groiund

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just after we got it we had the motor chaged in 2012

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/5/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

If it leaks right onto the ground without even starting vehicle this would most likely mean the drain plug fell out or the oil pan has a hole on it, possibly the dipstick tube came out of place. You will need to get under vehicle and watch for oil leak while someone else pours oil into engine. I'd suspect around a $100 repair for drain plug, $300 for oil pan replacement, or $100 of it is dipstick. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

hi there thanks my number is(###) ###-####if u could call
i will check

I'm not able to call at the moment but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have through chat. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. Thanks.

ok

Thanks, ***** ***** updated.

its done the thomofan

What is that?

Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.