Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I purchased a 2006 PT Cruiser about 2 months ago,drove it…

Customer Question
Hello,i purchased a 2006...

Hello,i purchased a 2006 PT Cruiser about 2 months ago,drove it about 200km,but since a week it starts not anymore.It immobilized itself,i tried both keys ,disconnected the battery,(which is recommended as a reset,and other procedures,but nothing worked so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No,as new,the whole car is in a very good condition,with service history aso

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took the shroud off,disconected the immobilizer module,the connector to the actuator,to see if there is a connection problem,checked with a ohm meter resistance and voltade,there is no voltage on the red from the clutch switch and no positive for ignition,ground is there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes,is the powermodule blocked through a code system as well or are the symptons more likely to be the immobilizer?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/4/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is this a american maket car?

American car bought in western Australia
No,you can write me your opinion or I call you if you like
john,have you worked something out so far?
No response anymore,guess you are not familiar with this sortbof problem,am I right?
O.K. Will contact my bank now to reclaim my money,have a good day,cheers

i was pulling diagrams...but i will put you thru to customer service for a refund

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics