Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 09 pt cruiser touring, 4cyl DOHC. problem is that…

Customer Question
hello i have a 09...
hello i have a 09 pt cruiser touring, 4cyl DOHC. problem is that it has a code po302. runs and drives ok but u can feel the misfire a little bit. spark plugs and wires have been replace and still the same
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/3/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok two common issues on the 2.4 is faulty fuel injector and burnt valves. Do a compression leakdown test to see if it is a valve issue. If compression leaks down, then replace the #2 valves, although I would go ahead and replace all of them with it apart.

If ok, then replace the fuel injector

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

can u tell me steps for conpression leakdoen test please. and is there a way to test the fuel injector?

HI,

Remove the #2 plug, install compression tester and crank engine over. See if compression starts dropping on the gage within 30 seconds. If it does, the valves are the problem

The only testing for injectors require a scan tool that can actuate them. If you have one, such as the SnapOn Solus, let me know and I can upload the testing

for the conpression test do i hsve to dissable fuel so id does not starts? build conpression and watch if gors down ?

HI,

Yes, pull the fuel pump fuse or relay. crank over so it builds compression in the compression gage and watch to see if it drops

within 1 min it drop like 6 psi and within 2 min it drop 10 psi but did not notice any within 30 sec.

HI,

Not enough for burnt valves, but enough for valves not closing 100 percent due to carbon build up on them. Ok, I would do the following induction cleaning with seafoam and see if it resolves the misfire. If still present, then replace injector.

Disconnect the large vacuum hose at the brake booster. Have helper crank engine and every few seconds, goose the gas pedal to keep engine from stalling. Stick funnel in end of disconnect vacuum hose and slowly pour contents of Seafoam into funnel.

Once done, reconnect vacuum hose and drive for about 5 miles at hwy speeds to finish cleaning out carbon.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

need more time

no problem

ok i replace fuel injector and use a full bottle of sea foam and pour it into hose goint to brake booster. code after driving for 2 days came back 3 times same code.
helloo!!!
is there any other thing to try so i dont have to replace exhaust valves?