Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Town and country with a 4 liter. I'm not

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Town and country with a 4 liter. I'm not getting any heat from the heater (front or back ) the A/C is fine. the blowers are fine. previously to this I had a severe leak in the radiator and had the radiator replaced. I had tried using some stop leak but that didn't work. any ideas??

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

Yes the leak was visible. hoses are fairly old but seem ok. was wwondering if the stop leak crap could be causing a problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes after I replaced the radiator I tried flushing the heater cores but I didn't see anything but water come out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you start the engine and warm it up and then go out under the hood and place your hands on both heater hoses at the firewall with the heater running are both hoses getting nice and hot?

No only one side

Okay in most cases if both hose are not getting nice and hot that usally means you have no flow through the heater cores. Since the cooling system has been open this can be cause by low coolant and trapped air in the system or the core could be plugged from the stop leak. I think because both the front and rear have no heat you should consider having the cooling system vacuum bled to make sure this is not just due to trapped air . If after doing the bleed and you still end up with no heat then back flushing the heater cores would be the next correct step. This really dose sound like you are dealing with trapped air. It would be unusual for stop leak to actually clog both heater cores.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.