Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 Town and Country with 71K miles. After driving a few…

Customer Question
2015 Town and Country...

2015 Town and Country with 71K miles. After driving a few hrs at 70-75mph, check engine light goes on and car shakes violently. Can correct if you go to lower gear about 2200-2500rpm. If car is shut off for several hrs, will drive ok until next episode. So far, three times for us

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on, then blinks periodically when in the lower gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Three different dealers, Savanah, Jax, Fla (kept it a week) and New Bern, NC (kept 3 days). All say can't figure it out unless it does it in shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have a lifetime warranty with Chrysler, but they say they don't know where to start unless they see the shaking.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike V.v, Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

This is usually an issue with the ignition coils to be honest. You likely have one that is breaking down when it's getting hot. This will cause the misfire, the shaking and the issue with flashing check engine light. If the light isn't staying on then they won't know which cylinder is causing the issue. I would if you can, next time the light is on, have a parts store scan the computer for the code. This way you can go in with a code and that might help the situation for you. Also, if you can stop by the dealer when it's happening, they might be willing to go and scan it for you, even if you have to set up an appointment for another day to get it serviced.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!