Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 200's etc light is flashing. When you start the car the…

Customer Question
My 200's etc light...

My 200's etc light is flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

When you start the car the electronic throttle control indicator light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2014 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I want to tell the what to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A fast tapping noise maybe starter or a pump

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
10/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have you had the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the ETC light comes on?

no

That is ths place you need to start, the common cause it a problem with the electronic throttle body but before we assume that we need to start with a code scan, most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code and or codes I can help you get this resolved.