Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Airbag warning light came on, dealer diagnosed faulty sensor…

Customer Question
Airbag warning light came...

Airbag warning light came on, dealer diagnosed faulty sensor in headrest, dealer wants $800 to replace. Can i buy a used head rest on eBay and replace so long as wire harness connected?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The red airbag light in dash, seated figure with red circle.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 200 limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself, but have not figured out how to remove head rest.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 10 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

yes you can...if ones available order and install which headrest? maybe cheaper to locate a complete seat near you...generally the seat bags are built in the side of the seat they usually have a little tag hanging off the seat where the air bag is

try www.car-part to locate one near you