Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Pacifica won't take gas. I have spent $800 trying to…

Customer Question
2004 Pacifica won't take...

2004 Pacifica won't take gas. I have spent $800 trying to get this fixed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, I can't get more than $5.00 worth in at a time and then the pump turns off. This is a very common problem I see people talking about.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we took it to the dealership in Wichita Ks. I don't remember what they did but it was OK for about 1 month and then it started happening again.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is the engine light on? do you have the invoice to see what was replaced?

Not on me. Yes the engine light comes on. This is a well known problem with this pacifica. Just wonjdering if anyone has a fix for it. It will show 1/2 tank of gas and then drop to empty.
No.

can yiu tell me what codes are present...and generally the vent solenoid is the cause

I don't know what you mean by codes

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You

NOte also that rating this chat session keeps it open for future follow up questions you may have on this. Thanks and let me know what you find.
Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy