Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 crossfire will not start, all the dash lights come on…

Customer Question
2004 crossfire will not...

2004 crossfire will not start, all the dash lights come on but it will not start, I drove it parked it chi. Battery and it's not s

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes all of them tapped the starter as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the basics nothing major thought of cha. Starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think alarm sys locked dwn. The start mode

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Chg. Battery drove the car, every now and then while driving car would switch into neutral I'd have to shut dwn. Engine restart motor. Then continue to drive.Drove home and car has not started from that moment on. All the dash lights operate, car will not start.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing well! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you out.

When you say the vehicle will not start, do you mean it has no power/no crank when turning the key? Or does it crank but not start?

Has power no crank

Okay good to know.

Next we have to determine if it is a dead battery or bad starter motor. Do you have access to a voltmeter? If not that's fine.

When it went into neutral and you had to restart it were there any strange noises?

Chrysler Mechanic: Lou P, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician

Hello are you still needing help? the crossfire is a SLK mercedes, I can help with this if you still need help.

Lou