Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I put the key in the ignition all of the lights come on but…

Customer Question
I put the key...

I put the key in the ignition all of the lights come on but the motor is not turning over I can hear the relays in the trunk next to the battery clicking

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes the steering wheel turns and the key has not been damaged at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 chrysler 300c hemi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

I know the battery was dead so I replaced the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was going to start replacing fuses and relays but I haven't got those yet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

the best way to check this system is with a voltmeter to see where the fault is, do you have one of these for checks?

I do have a voltmeter and I will check to see where I'm not getting power

check fuse 10 and 20 for power at the underhood fuse panel if those are ok check starter relay for power and ground, if thats ok check relay for issues and swap out for a like relay

I know when I have someone turn the key I can hear the relays clicking in the trunk by the battery

hows those fuses and relay coming?

All the fuses and relays seem to be good is there a fuel pump cutoff switch on these maybe or could it be a security issue

ok so if the realy is working check voltage at the starter signal wire and main wire when in the start position and also check for loose starter bolts, and there is no cut off switch in that model

The voltage is good I put a brand new battery in here when we start it after everything we've done at this point I'm going to have to recharge a battery because it's been drained if it's not fuses or relays what else could it be
It's night time for the light comes on the car has 90,000 miles on it the reason it was brought to me was because it needed a new fender and door put on also new lower control arms it originally started when it was dropped off at my house

hows it coming?