Thomas Ragusa
Thomas Ragusa,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Town n Country Jeep
97233154

2008 Chrysler 300 occasionally the engine will rev up to

2008 Chrysler 300
occasionally the engine will rev up to 1000rpm at idol and the anti-skid indicator lights up. Restarting the engine brings all back to normal. What is causing this issue?

hello, my name is***** am a certified chrysler technician, I would like to help you out today. By any chance do you have a scan tool or a code reader?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not
Also you need to know that the issue started after I had the vehicle tuned. The same day

what type of tune was done and how was it done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call is ok but I cannot this evening
Can we follow up tomorrow

I apologize JA offers a call on my behalf on their own, We can probably figure this out through text only, save ya some extra money by doing it this way, and yes we can continue tomorrow, as soon as you respond to me I get alerted, I will respond when I can. before we head off I would say this though, if the tune was done to the PCM i would say that we would have to revert back to the stock program and let it run for awhile and see if it happens again, if not I will suggest the PCM doesnt like the tune all that much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Standard 100k tune by a NTB shop
I was attempting to be somewhat knowledgeable if I needed to go back to NTB for a fix

tune, you mean a tune-up? plugs wires, that sort of jazz?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you plus fuel system cleaning

ok, so that being said, really in order to track down the cause we would need a scan tool to read any codes and look at some data from the motor to see what the sensors are doing. there is really nothing else I can do from here but to point you at a starting point. I do apologize if I cant be of any more assistance. if you want to get the vheicle checked out and then come back to me with your findings I can help you further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ty

your welcome, let me know what you come up with, If you found any merritt in our conversation, I would greatly appreciate if you left me a positive feedback, and like I said Ill keep it open so you can return here with your findings

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem I discovered was with the ETC

Oh, ok, have you replaced the part and all is working again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the vehicle is headed back to the service shop to fix since their the ones that caused the issue. Ty for your help.