Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 pt cruiser. Cel flashing car shaking at idle no power…

Customer Question
2009 pt cruiser Mechanic's...

2009 pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cel flashing car shaking at idle no power accelerating. Changed plugs cam sensor and ignition coil not even a month ago Ran great

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Just changed the plugs again. Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Old cam no cruise control light new one cruise control works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: tracer5, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
tracer5
tracer5, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, any chance you can do what we call a power balance test? meaning, unplug an injector at a time with engine running? if no change in running when you remove a plug wire or injector plug,that is the cylinder with the problem.Hope this makes sense, Igf you unplug an injector or spark plug engine running and engine runs worse or stalls? that cylinder is firing. I need to know if it is only one cylinder not firing and which one OR more than one cylinder. LMk if you can, Thanks

Code says multiple cylinder misfire

I still need the test, I understand the code but..if not possible, I will opt out

Can't do the test till tomorrow morning
Chrysler Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 7 months ago
Thomas Ragusa

hello, my name is***** am a certified Chrysler technician, I will pick up where tracker left off. does your scanner have any data streams, do you have a section that says misfire counters? if not doing the injector test will determine which cyl is misfiring. since you say you only have a p0300 code I am going to assume its either a wire, plug, injector, or coil problem due to the fact if it was a cam problem there would be other codes. but lets start with the basics.

No cam problem. Pulled plug wires like the other guy said cylinder 2 car shuts off all others car runo shakes the same
Cylinder 1 3 4 car runs the same. Shakes 2 it cuts off.
Ignition coil is brand new not even a month olt
Chrysler Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 7 months ago

and they are plugged in to the correct spots, the ignition wires, from coil to plug, 1 to 1 2 to 2. just making sure. covering all basis, it is still possible coil could of went bad again. check to make sure there is spark coming from the wires. pull a wire and put it close to metal, BE CAREFUL! and turn the motor to see if spark is coming from wire.

Chrysler Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 7 months ago

just checking in

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics