Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cant get it out of park. I tried the shifter override

Customer Question
I cant get it...

I cant get it out of park. I tried the shifter override switch and it doesnt seem to be working

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

My brake lights are working. I cant check any codes. Im stuck in a parking lot right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 pacifica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mom drove it to a restaurant this morning. Then called me and said it wouldnt come out of park when she was trying to leave. She got a ride home. Now I'm in the parking lot of the restaurant trying to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I dont think so. Does this service have a cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok next step you will want to remove the plastic ring and shift housing to access the shift mechanism, once off you will be able to see the shift components better and where the access hole was to push the lever down you can see what is not working and push the correct piece down to get the selector into drive

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician