Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Speed control stop working. 2011 t&c. Looked for fuse

Customer Question
Speed control stop working ...

Speed control stop working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2011 t&c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked for fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

There are two fuse that power the cruise system on your TC, start with checking the fuse M1 and M37 both located in the under hood fuse panel.If the fuse check okay then the most common cause for the cruise to fail on this one is usually the Cruise Control Switch. To test them you will need compatible scan tool that can read the data stream from the switches. Start with making sure the fuse are okay and have power in and out of them.

Where can I get a switch

Most Auto Parts store sell them but I have enclosed a link below for the ORM set as well. That being said it is a good idea to test the switches before you consider replacing it to be sure it has in fact failed. If you have access to a scan tool that can read the data stream see the test steps in the link below as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qloin99hbknudpu/Switch%20testing%20Sep%2029.pdf?dl=0

https://www.moparone.com/p/Chrysler_2011_Town--Country/Cruise-Control-Switch-Cruise-switch-ENGAGEMENT-SWITCH-SWITCH/49346551/04671929AC.html?partner=googlebase_adwords&kwd=&origin=pla