Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had a recall about a dodge caliber occupant restraint

Customer Question
Had a recall about...

Had a recall about a dodge caliber occupant restraint controller recall fixed on 09/13. Before the fix the air bag check-light was always off. after the fix was done the airbag check-light stays on? The dealership says that the problem with the light is caused by a bad airbag clock spring and needs replacing. I wonder if the controller fix had a part in this mishap? Could the clock spring have any thing to the recall replacement? Please advise! .. John Eggleston

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

What does the seatbelt latch have with the air bag?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Caliber?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caliber yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just want to know if it could be caused by the occupant replacement of the restraint controller? Could the above repair cause the light by the mechanic's error?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it....

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/27/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 8 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The recall you had performed is S61, if the technician says it's setting a clockspring code then I would have it replaced.. But the recall if performed correctly shouldn't cause the clockspring to go bad..

I attached the recall for your reading pleasure..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician