Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Does the condenser use engine coolant on a 2008 town and

country? One of the aluminum...
Does the condenser use engine coolant on a 2008 town and country? One of the aluminum tubes on the top right of the condenser is leaking engine coolant.
9/27/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your condenser dose not use engine coolant, it only cools the Freon in the AC system, are you sure this is the condenser linn leaking coolant?

Did you get the file? Coolant is leaking at the bottom port.

The picture you are showing is not your condenser but looks like it may be your transmission cooler. There should only be two lines on the condenser which is located in front of the radiator. See it in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2jy2pwnp5lhujr/condenser%20Sep%2027.pdf?dl=0

Ok I see. So then perhaps the aluminum tubes only need replacement?

If the tubes are bad then the assembly will need replacement. If the fitting are leaking then they may just need new seals. You may want to make sure its coolant and not Just AC dye that is added to the AC system to detect and leaks and its is green as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
It's definitely coolant. I'll start with new seals. Thanks for the help.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician