Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have 2003 Chrysler Sebring engine 2.7l v6 it seems to be…

Hi, we have 2003 Chrysler...
Hi, we have 2003 Chrysler Sebring engine 2.7l v6 it seems to be hard to start, and on the freeway, it was cutting out then it went away looking at my code reader P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

This cam sensor code can cause both issue you are experiencing. When this code appears it is normally the cam sensor that is to blame, not the wiring, connector, or timing. Can you replace this sensor and let me know the outcome.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hi thank you do you have any link to diagrams on how to remove the sensor and location

The directions and picture are poor at best. The CMP sensor has one connector and one bolt and is mounted at the front of the cylinder head where the cam gear is.

Are you needing more assistance?

Hi, Chris can you send me the part number please

part #4609089Al cost 58$

Chris (aka - Moose)