Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My starting issue is intermittent too. here's what happens:

Customer Question
My starting issue is...

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Remotely...hit the remote button twice; hear 2 honks, then a click, and it wont start. now when it does start remotely hit the button twice, hear 2 honks, a 1-2 second pause and then it starts

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 T&C limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on since 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have had it at the dealer several times for the same issue. with no success. the following parts/work has been done:

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
replaced, ignition coil, WIN module (recall), starter solinoide ?, replaced wiring to starter when burned places were found. It doesnt matter whether van is hot or cold starting temp, i can go all day with errands starting and stopping and have no problems or i can have an no start nearly every time i try and start. battery is fully charged, no lights flash, headlights work. my thoughts: not enough voltage, or malfunctioning security system. im ready to pull hair out. very frustrated. have been recording it since i picked up from deal last wed. oh they replaced fuel pump due to a hesitating start up. that did fix that issue either. i will attach a video of the starting issue. unable to attach video sound is distorted. but i can send thru messenger if i had your name
9/27/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few possible causes for the lack of starter engagement and it will require some testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure what is going on. The most likely cause would be the starter but it could be a cable or connection issue or possibly the transmission range sensor.

Was it the starter relay that was replaced? The solenoid is part of the starter.

i will need to check my paperwork for the starter relay info. ill get back with you tomorrow. thanks you

You're welcome!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician