Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is crazy sqeaking going on in the overhead console…

Customer Question
There is crazy sqeaking...

There is crazy sqeaking going on in the overhead console with the dual rear dvd players. We had it replaced when the original malfuctioned, but our warranty would only cover replacement with a used piece. It appears there are no screws in the holes in the front and back. Should there be, and where can we order them?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 Town and country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

We would be doing it ourself. it appears that something would need to be tightened to prevent the creaking, but as I stated, there are no screws/bolts where it appears there should be...so there is nothing to tighted to alleviate the vibrations causing the noise.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/26/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 10 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

It looks like your noise is caused my the screws being gone. You will need to go to your local Dodge dealership and order the screws using your VIN number. Once you have the correct screws and install them the noise will be gone.

We have taken it to TWO dealerships, and they have not fixed it. I would like to order the parts on my own, but I would need to know the exact part to order...is there no way I can do this other than going to ANOTHER unhelpful dealership?
I was hoping YOU could tell me what to order for my $16...otherwise, I will just ask for a refund. Obviously, since you agree with my assessment, I actually diagnosed the problem myself, howerver I do not know what part to order, which is where I need your expertise.

Let me see if I can get you a part number.. Just a minute,

The part number is(###) ###-####and it takes a total of 6 of the screws...

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

There are 8 holes...shouldn't it require that many screws?
My Starparts shows 6 screws but if you see 8 holes then I would get 8.
I went to moparmonster.com
When I search for the part number you listed, it says it is not compatible with my vehicle, and that it is a lock controller bolt...nothing to do with the overhead DVD console. My vin is 2C4RC1CG6CR345573
Can you offer any more help in locating the part number?