Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Same p1034 code on after two year and 5 o2 sensors. Unknown.

Customer Question
Same p1034 code on...

Same p1034 code on after two year and 5 o2 sensors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Unknown. The work was done at a shop and they just keep coming up with same answer. Its the o2. But, I keep getting the same code.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 PT Cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

After two years, I want to try other options than the same mech shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ask if the O2 manufacturer makes a difference and if the heater core could affect it. The warning light turns off when engine is very cold but comes on/stays on when warm.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/26/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

can you verify the code?? there is no 1034 code

Occasionally, the light will go off when the outside temp/engine is cold (as in winter). When it heats up to the third temp line (I'm assuming that's about 180 or so), it the warning light goes on and stays on. But again, that's occasional. I've replaced the the aforementioned sensor five times and the light comes on within a mile after leaving the shop. Thinking it was a cooling problem, I've also replaced the radiator and the timing belt/water pump at 100k miles (currently at 105k) in addition to the PCM as possibly related. Now I did i stall a fail-safe thermostat after the problem started. Could that be related? I also just found a post which said not to use Bosch O2 sensors due to a misreading in Ohms. Seems trivial, but could that be it?
I've read about similar symptoms involving possible eatx fuses/relays, transmission culprits and wiring harness failures. All with no real solutions
Frankly, I am at my wits end on this.

could the code be 134???

I just checked again with egg on my face and yes,
its P 0134.

no worries let me check

sorry, had computer issues.

can you give me a brief overview of what you had repaired already

Roy

here are some of the possibilities. most of the time it is a wiring issue not a component issue.

Roy

POSSIBLE CAUSES
- Intermittent Condition
- O2 Sensor Operation
- O2 Sensor Ground Circuit Open
- O2 Sensor Signal Open
- O2 Sensor Ground Circuit Voltage Drop
- O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Voltage Drop
- PCM