Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Pacifica When I put gas in you have to zpoon feed it>

Customer Question
2005 Pacifica When I...

2005 Pacifica When I put gas in you have to zpoon feed it> It will take 20 minutes to put in 13 gal and won't take anymore. The fuel gauge says it full. When gauge gets to half the gauge drops to empty and will run out of gas in a few miles. Then its back to try to put 13 gallon in a 23 gallon tank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No not bad on gas starts easy [right away] and runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had it to a shop they said this has been a problem wit Pacifica and under stood that may have to replace gas gauge and tank. there is a recall for this but my vin does not qualify Talk to some other oweers that have had the same problem. One person had the pump changed 3 different times and would work a week or two then would act up again

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Like shop was saying, the common problem is the fuel tank. To verify the fuel tank is the problem remove the hose from the tank to the charcoal canister and remove the recirculation tube from the filler neck to the top of the tank. Try to fill the system, if the tank will still not accept fuel, replace the whole tank assembly. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.