Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I turn on the AC fuel fumes or exhaust fumes come

When I turn on...

When I turn on the AC fuel fumes or exhaust fumes come through the vents until I push the recirculating button. Any idea why?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts up as always but doesn't get decent gas mileage. it is a 2010 Town & Country 3.8 motor I think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I will have to take to a auto dealership.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** sounds like you have a fuel system leak under the hood. Most of the time the leak is from one of the fuel injectors. When they leak this will occur causing the fuel fumes to enter the vehicle. This needs to be checked out right away. If you need more help please let me know.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Thank you I will get it checked out by a local dealer. Did I misunderstand the ad, I thought it would only charge me $5 for an answer, my just told me our card just got charged $31?

The way that this site works is that you pay a $5 deposit and there should have been mention of a charge amount for the question. If you were unclear about it you can contact customer service. We do not have anything to do with payment processing.

Thank you. Will do.

Have a great rest of your weekend.