Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying how to program a new key fob. I only have one

Customer Question
Trying how to program...

Trying how to program a new key fob. I only have one original key fob that works. I followed the directions and still was unsuccessful

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

I bought a new blank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2016 Town & Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pressed the lock button 5 times. Then he'll down the unlock button for approximately 10 seconds then hell down the panic button and unlock button at the same time released and I never heard the chime

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
I also held down the unlock four five seconds then held both unlock and panic down for one second released and there was no chime
9/25/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have only one working key then a dealer scan tool will need to be used to program additional replacements.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician