Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replace the distribuator and now the car runs, but has put…

Customer Question
Replace the distribuator and...

Replace the distribuator and now the car runs , but has put in gear not enough power to make it go

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

1986 Chrysler fifth ave,318 5.2 L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fifth Ave yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace the bobina , distribuator , and the fuel control system,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all , it's starts right up

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/24/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago
eric remington

do you think ts a transmission not working or engine by the way it feels?

Car was running fine , lost power stall , check fuel pump , good fuel Check bobina , was week replace it , check distribuator no power , now engine runs , but once in gear not enough power to make it go
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

Is engine timing correct easy to put distributor in wrong is exhaust clogged does it misfire??

The car idles fine , no misfire ,.
Once put into gear looses all power
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

so maybe transmission? does it go into reverse?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

in park will it go to 3000 rpm easy?

in park you can raise to red line , it will go in to reverse or drive just not enough power to make it move ,. Would improper timing cause the engine to be week ?
Come on you guys took my money and I ain't getting no answers
Chrysler Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Yes, improper timing will cause the car to have no power.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.