Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oil leak from rear main oil seal. Bought a rebuilt 2.7

Customer Question
Oil leak from rear...

Oil leak from rear main oil seal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

Bought a rebuilt 2.7 engine long block. Replaced upper and lower seals

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put engine together new seal kit . ran engine and when I stopped the engine oil poured out from lower engine/tranny inspection plate.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where else could there be a leak problem

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 10 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

if its dumping at the rear main sounds like the crank seal didnt set right was damaged on install

This would be the second time I've replaced that seal
. I bought a Felpro gasket the secon time. And still speaks

then there is a burr or damage at tge crank or block...or the crank is walking... maybe a bad reman

I'll tear it down again and check for burrs . what's the chance that the flywheel mount is not the right diameter?

i doubt it make sure the crank is not walking and verify no burrs or damage

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue