Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

It wont start. It's not the battery. Possibly the alternator

It wont start. It's not the battery. Possibly the alternator or starter. Suggestions as to where to take a Chrysler 2004 Crossfire in San Rafael CA?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No its pretty clean.
JA: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed fuses to radio that was not it. It's been jumped several times. It clicked but went dead.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its been an on going problem for about 2.50 moonths

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When it was jumped if it started each time this indicates the starter is o.k.This can be the alternator at fault.

If it did not start when it was jumped then this can indicate the starter is faulty needing replaced.

It is a good idea to have the battery tested with a battery tester ( a local parts store will do this free of charge for you) just to make sure it is o.k. if this has not been done.

I have found this highly rated facility in your area to have this looked into and repaired.They are not open today but will be open tomorrow.

MSI Automotive(###) ###-####/p>

The other thing to have checked is to make sure all wiring and cables at the battery, starter and alternator are clean and tight as this will cause this fault also here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for the information. Do you know the cost for this service?

Your welcome

You would need to speak to customer care here for our service here in the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

The cost for the check/testing of your vehicle can run around $100 to diagnose and repair costs can run around $150 to $400 depending on what needs replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
5 star rating

Thanks.

You can rate my help here or above as there should be a link to click on.

Thanks Pete