Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

117000. 2006 PT cruiser. My PT Cruiser had stopped while I

Customer Question
117000 JA: What is the model/year...
117000
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 PT cruiser
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My PT Cruiser had stopped while I was driving and now I cannot get it to start I have replace the plugs and has made sure I can hear the fuel pump coming on when I turn the ignition on I have spark going to the first plug wire I've checked to see if the timing belt was still intact it is I've also replaced the camshaft positioner sensor because it was throwing a code
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: Not sure I bought the car at the thousand miles ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/24/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Try to see if it will run on starting fluid, if not check compression. I think your timing may have jumped which can happen with belt still looking good. If compression is low next step is checking timing marks. Let me know how it goes or if you have better questions, thanks.

How do you see if the timing belt jumped

You will need to pull off timing cover then rotate engine until all marks line up, if they don't line up then replace tensioner and belt. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician