Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It won't turn over. 2015 town and country. I am not, I've…

Customer Question
It won't turn over ...

It won't turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2015 town and country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not, I've jumped it with my jeep. still won't start or even turn over. there's a clicking sound sometimes

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It worked fine Tuesday, wife was going to work Wednesday but it wouldn't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm planning to tow it to a dealer for warranty repairs

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/23/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

sounds like there could be a connection issue, I would start by removing the battery cables cleaning both surfaces and reinstalling, remove negative then positive and install positive than negative

To avoid a few questions, I am very capable of repairing whatever goes wrong with a vehicle assuming i have the proper tools. I'm sure the issue with this van is electronic and i'm not very well versed with diagnosing electrical problems.

do you atleast have a voltmeter to check voltages ?

I have already done that, I've also jumped the vehicle using my Jeep which for some reason causes the Town and Country to click when i try to start it. with out the jumper cables it does nothing. The battery in the T&C has 13.9 V on my volt meter without jumper cables connected. 14.3 with jumpers connected. The locks don't work and neither does the doors. It's as if the battery were dead without the jumpers.

have you removed the cables and cleaned them? have you checked the ground thats mounted to the body?

Had vehicle towed to dealer, they replaced battery under warranty and problem solved. I've never seen a car that wouldn't jump start. Oh well!

that is very strange well im glad everything got worked out correctly