Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It isn't a Chrysler 200. 2015 and it's a 200. The computer…

Customer Question
It isn't a Chrysler...

It isn't a Chrysler 200

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

2015 and it's a 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The computer code is U1424

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don't know how to reset it. U1424

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/23/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you having engine running and performance issues?

It is not cranking the first time I try

The codes U1424 indicates you have Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received and Chrysler has released a service bulletin dealing with this code as well as the needed repair. The bulletin calls for updating the ECM (computer) with new upgraded software which should resolve this issue for you as well as the code your getting. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ocoohpkgnkzuvz/Service%20bulletin%20Sep%2023.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.