Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 2005 pt cruiser brake lights do not work. Bulbs are good,

my 2005 pt cruiser brake...
my 2005 pt cruiser brake lights do not work. Bulbs are good, fuses are good, and I just changed the brake light switch.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I have not checked the brake fluid. I did not notice any difference in the feel of the brakes. It would have been changed within the last three years.
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to a lube place first, since they do minor repairs. They checked the fuse, bulbs, and perhaps the brake fluid (you'd think!) They mentioned the switch, which they did not have, so I got it and changed it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know!
9/23/2017
George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician

Hello I will help,

Does the high brake light work? Do you have a voltmeter or a testlight to check the circuit if I guide you?

The high brake light does not work. Yes i have a voltmeter.
Is there a way to pick this up later? My phone is nearly dead.

Sure, just post back when you can.

I would check the switch at the white/tan wire with the pedal pressed. Let me know what happens there and we can move on. I am not here 24/7 but most of the time, if I don't respond right away I will shortly./

Ok.

Great, I will watch for your post

George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician