Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Does not shift out of passing gear when on freeway and

Customer Question
Does not shift out...

Does not shift out of passing gear when on freeway and giving it gas. Aalso jerks when shifting gears sometimes.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Have to pul over and shut off...then its fine again unyil i give it a little gas when going 60 plus

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '60 Chrysler?

Ot brake. Its a 2012 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

W often should tranny be serviced? Bought it at 44000used... now at 103000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Drives fine in yown except occasionally jerking when shifting...its an automatic

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is the engine light on?

but it was on before this problem. I believe it was on because i noticedthe gas tank neck a ityle loose and thought it was getting air but yes light is on

can you pull codes and tell me what is current?

Dont have a reader. I guess that should be my first step. How. Often should a transmission service be done? I have not done one and im at 103000. Bought it used from dealer at 44000
I was told tranny dont needserving... i found that odd

they should be done every 50 to 60k...old fluid can destroy a good trans

but if you get me the code we can try and narrow it down

Ok. I am at work but will do that. Can i do the tranny serbice myself? Ive done them before but this one has no dipstick

yeah it really should be flushed the no dipstick thing makes it very difficult without a lift

Probably better to take to shop and have a service done huh? Can any automotive shop do this or only a chrystler shop?

any shop should be able to handle

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy